There's a loud buzz for Windows 8 Developer preview released recently. Thought of giving it a try on my Macbook. Following are a few steps:
- Download the windows 8 developer preview from the Windows Dev Center.
- Launched the newly bought VMware Fusion 4.
- Command+N to open the New Virtual Machine Assistant.
- Click continue without a disc.
- Check Use operating system installation disc or image.
- Choose operating system Windows and Version Windows 7 x64
- Click Finish and it will ask for saving the VM.
- Click on the play button on the VM and it will start the windows 8 installation.
- After the complete Windows Install, tried VMware tools and to my utter surprise they installed like charm.
|Fig.10 VMware Tools installation|
Overall, a different UI for the start and nice options. The mac trackpad just works well too with the swipe gesture showing the way around.